List of Electric Underfloor Heating Mat Companies
Welcome to Sustainable Homes Ireland's listing page for Electric Underfloor Heating Mat Companies in your area.
Some brief information on Electric Underfloor Heating Mat
The main type of underfloor heating consist of fibreglass heating maps with electric cables embedded into it folded in such a way as to give a consistent heat from wall to wall. The floor underneath needs to be well insulated in order to derive the best benefits from this system.
Advantages of Electric Underfloor Heating Mat:
- Evenly distributed heat from wall to wall.
- If you already have renewable sources of electricity such as wind or solar then this can be a very low carbon solution to heating your home.
- Heating from floor to ceiling can reduce the affect of differential heat discomfort compared to radiator systems for example.
Disavantages of Electric Underfloor Heating Mat Companies:
- The initial cost outlay can be high.
- Not suitable for concrete floors unless that floor is well insulated close to the top of the screed.