List of Renewable Electricity generation equipment Companies
Welcome to Sustainable Homes Ireland's listing page for Renewable-electricity generation equipment Companies in your area.
Some brief information on Renewable Electricity.
In this case, we are talking about generating electricity from renewable sources only. This entails finding some renewable means of driving a turbine for the production of electricity or in the case of solar the electricity is produced by directing solar rays onto photovoltaic cells which convert this energy to useful electricity.
The main types of renewable electricity are derived from wind, the Sun, moving water, steam, or water waves. Technology changes over the past few years have made the production of electricity from renewable sources ever more viable with the payback periods being reduced year after year as these newer technologies become ever more energy efficient.
Types of stand-alone renewable electricity technologies:
- Solar Power - Most common are those that take energy from the Sun by means of Photovoltaic Cells usually placed in specially adapted panels and normally oriented to the south or in an East-West direction
- Wind Turbines - This has excellent potential for replacing fossils fuel derived electricity. Winds in Ireland are very favourable for the production of power from wind.
- Wave Energy - In this method, the wave motion of the sea is exploited to create electricity. Consistent wave movement makes this an exciting source of power for the future.
- Steam Power - This involves burning biofuels, solid, liquid or gas, to produce steam; the resulting power output from the steam is used to turn electricity-generating turbines
- Hydro Electricity - This method takes advantage of moving water such as a natural waterfall or an artificial dam. The moving water is converted, by mechanical means, to electricity by way of a generating turbine. For those who are lucky to live in mountainous areas why not take advantage of the downhill motion of water?
Advantages of Renewable Electricity:
- Virtually free electricity during operating times.
- Instant electricity.
- Lower energy bills.
- Improved BER rating.
- Reduced carbon footprint.
Disadvantages of Renewable Electricity:
- Initial installation costs will be high.