List of Roof and Attic Insulation Contractors
Welcome to Sustainable Homes Ireland's listing page for Roof and Attic Insulation Contractors in your area.
Some brief information on Roof and Attic Insulation.
The type and method of insulation required in the roof area will very much depend on the style of the roof involved, For Example:
- In the case of cold attics the floors can be insulated between the joists using mineral wool etc. or above the joists using rigid foam insulation board.
- For warm attics the insulation is done between the roof rafters or rigid foam insulation boards are fixed against the rafters
- In the case of flat roofs it is preferable to insulated with rigid foam insulation board.
There are a myriad of insulation materials used for insulating the roof areas. As up to 30% of heat can be lost from this part of your home it is important to give very careful consideration to the overall u-value of the insulation material considered.
The main types of Roof and Attic Insulation materials are:
- Mineral wool.
- Sheeps wool.
- Rigid foam insulation board.
- Liquid foam.
- polystyrene beads.
Advantages of Roof/Attic Insulation:
- A very efficient form of energy conservation.
- Low instalation costs.
- Low cost payback periods.
- Improved BER rating.
- Lower energy bills.
Disavantages of :
- The intial installation costs.