List of Electric Underfloor Heating Companies
Welcome to Sustainable Homes Ireland's listing page for Electric Underfloor Heating Companies in your area. Click on individual websites under the Leinster, Midlands, Munster, Ulster or Connaught banners below.
Some brief information on Electric Underfloor Heating
This consists of a series of hot water pipes, usually under the ground floor floorboards. The network of flexible hot water pipes will usually cover the entire ground floor area, wall to wall. If insulated below the piping systems then this system will have very good energy input to output values. So make sure you see the entire design plans before giving the go ahead. Use only very experienced designers and installer and get loads of feedback from past customers. There are many design variables to be considered before choosing, such as boiler type and size? How much heat will reach the upper floor levels?
Advantages of Electric Underfloor Heating:
- This is a very efficient form of home heating.
- Very uniform distribution of heat, especially on the ground floors
disavantages of Electric Underfloor Heating:
- High initial cost outlay.
- Energy bills can be higher in very cold weather if Air Source Heat Pumps are being deployed.
- lower hot water temperatures compared to oil and gas means larger radiators required, however, this will only affect the initial cost outlay.