List of Renewable Electricity generation equipment Companies
Welcome to Sustainable Homes Ireland's listing page for Renewable-electricity generation equipment Companies in your area. Click on individual websites under the Leinster, Midlands, Munster, Ulster or Connaught banners below.
Some brief information on Generating your own electricity.
Here we are talking generally about generating electricity from renewable sources only. This entails finding some renewable means of driving a turbine for the production of electricity or in the case of solar the electricity is produced by directing solar rays onto photovoltaic cells.
The main types of renewable electricity are derived from wind, the Sun, moving water, steam, or water waves. Technology changes over the past few years have made the production of electricity from renewable sources ever more viable with the payback periods being reduced year after year as these newer technologies become ever more energy efficient.
Types of stand-alone renewable electricity technologies:
- Solar Power - Most common are those that take energy from the Sun by means of Photovoltaic Cells usually placed in specially adapted panels and normally oriented to the south or in an East-West direction
- Wind Turbines - This has excellent potential for replacing fossils fuel derived electricity. Winds in Ireland are very favourable for the production of power from wind.
- Wave Energy - In this method wave motion in the sea is utilised by converting by mechanical means using specially designed equipment that floats; consistent wave movement makes this an exciting source of power for the future.
- Steam Power - By burning biofuels, solid, liquid or gas, to produce steam; the resulting power output from the steam is used to move electricity generating turbines
- Hydro Electricity - This method takes advantage of moving water such as a natural waterfall or an artificial dam. The moving water is converted by mechanical means to power by means of a generator. For those who are lucky to live in mountainous areas why not take advantage of the downhill motion of water?
Advantages of Generating your own electricity:
- Virtually free electricity during operating times
- Instant electricity
- Lower Energy Bills.
- Improved BER rating.
- Reduced Carbon footprint.
disavantages of Generating your own electricity:
- Initial installation costs will be high.