List of Cavity Wall Insulation Companies
Welcome to Sustainable Homes Ireland's listing page for Cavity Wall Insulation Companies in your area.
Some brief information on cavity wall insulation.
There are two main types of cavity wall insulation:
- Double-leaf wall type insulation - this consists of filling insulation material between the outer and the inner wall in your house
- Single cavity block wall type insulation - this consist of filling individual concrete cavity blocks with insulation material.
The latter, i.e. cavity blocks can be extremely difficult to in-fill but thankfully most modern construction consists of double leaf/skin walls. The type of infill used should be decided by yourself. The infill can consist of polystyrene beads, foam, etc. ( look up Foam Insulation under Energy and Insulation on this website.)
Advantages of cavity call insulation:
- Very low installation costs, especially for double leaf/skin walls.
- Relatively easy to install.
- Lower energy bills.
- Improved BER rating.
- Reduced carbon footprint.
Disavantages of cavity wall insulation:
- It will not be possible to remove all thermal bridges when compared to external wall insulation.
- In the case of concrete cavity blocks, these are sometimes difficult to fill completely.
- Also in the case of concrete cavity blocks, many holes will have to be drilled in your walls to apply the insulation material.