List of Cavity Wall Insulation Companies
Welcome to Sustainable Homes Ireland's listing page for Cavity Wall Insulation Companies in your area. Click on individual websites under the Leinster, Midlands, Munster, Ulster or Connaught banners below.
Some brief information on Cavity Wall Insulation.
Two main types of Cavity Wall Insulation:
- Double Leaf Wall type insulation - this consist of delivering insulation material between an outer and an inner wall in your house
- Single Cavity Block Wall type insulation - this consist of delivering insulation material into individual concrete cavity blocks.
The latter, i.e. cavity blocks can be extremely difficult to in-fill but thankfully most modern construction consists of double leaf/skin walls. The type of infill used should be decided by yourself. The infill can consist of polystyrene beads, foam, etc. ( look up Foam Insulation under Energy and Insulation on this website.)
Advantages of Cavity Wall Insulation:
- Very low delivery costs, especially for double leaf/skin walls.
- Fast delivery.
- Lower Energy Bills.
- Improved BER rating.
- Reduced Carbon footprint.
disavantages of Cavity Wall Insulation:
- It will not be possible to remove all thermal bridges when compared to external wall insulation.
- In the case of Cavity blocks these are sometimes diffficult to fill completely.
- Also in the case of Cavity blocks many holes will have to be drilled to apply the insulation material.